Saturday, March 23, 2024

L’amante

 Lover, love-her.

Let’s start at the end of this beginning and work our way back.  Back through the fourteen doors between before and after, between you and me. 

When midnight blue and flame orange were the alone and lonely colors of us.  When sunlight was just a bright light and air was just there. 

Dance with me, you said.  Feel what you cannot taste, see, or hear. Let doors be veils we strip away, one by one, their opening an invitation into infinite pleasure, endless seduction. 

I do not say yes, but let my body dance its willingness, snake its way to open. 

Your hair silks along my own, you lay down on me, in me, the weight and weightlessness of you caress me from the inside, feather brush of soft skin on my blood, my bones.  Another subtle body, this one a lover.  Our constellation can no longer be mapped on a flat surface, the texture you’ve brought demands more. And more we shall have. 

Your fingers massage my sinews and my veins, you sing the song my blood knows now is the anthem to life, to being alive and to receiving life.  

Lonely and alone colors run arms wide open into each other, midnight blue of a night sky meets the blaze of a raging fire and dance the perfect night together. 

They whisper love to each other.  They dance and revel and marvel at the beauty they are and that they create in their togetherness. They say silent prayers to the stars they cannot see but know are there. 

May we never again be parted. May we walk and taste this life together.  May we love it all. 

No comments: