Friday, April 14, 2006

Exprimez-vous!

One of the things I appreciate about French is its colorful expressions. The following post may be considered a bit crude so if you're a daffodil, don't read on. (That means you, Mom.) Here's a selection of a few of my favorites.

pas catholique - literally, not Catholic. Used when describing something or someone that's not quite right. I think we could safely say that George W. Bush is pas catholique.

j'ai les dents du fond qui baignent - my back teeth are swimming. Used to describe that I'm-so-full-I-could-explode feeling following holiday dinners, for example. As in, there's so much food it's backing up into my mouth. Yeah, gross, I know.

fini à la pisse - finished with piss. Used to describe someone who didn't get a good piece of the gene cake. Meaning that the father of said someone, at the tail end of his pinacle of physical pleasure, finished up the job with, yes, pee. I think we could safely say that George W. Bush is fini à la pisse.

6 comments:

zeb said...

Always about Bush-let it go!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

I'll let it go when he's impeached.

christi said...

get over it dad....finished with piss....definitely heard you say that before!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nicole said...

Thanks Christi - I'm sure he was talking about Bush.

Hey why can't I find your blog?

christi said...

probably b/c i don't have one... i just signed up for an account b/c i thought i had to in order to view yours...