Monday, January 31, 2011

Let me tell you what I know

There are tablets somewhere. Marble tablets. Marble - hot, cold rock - beautiful because it is impure. Those swirls and veins, those things that make it look alive, are born out of random specks of minerals who lost their way. Or found it.

The truth is written on those tablets, truth that is not influenced by time or tendency or preference. It is not a version or a perspective.

Let me tell you what I know. Let me tell you what is etched in stone. It is not what you think.

You won't like it. Not because it's bad, but because it isn't. Anyway, it is neutral, as the truth always is. But it can only be seen through the eyes of innocence. And that is the part you will not like. You will not like what you will have to give up to be able to see it.

2 comments:

JMH said...

It's like the zero, well, the (0,0,0) point on the XYZ axis, onto which we are born and then slowly drift away and then eventually return.

At this point, I'd like to say "More posts from you!" But, you know, I can always go back and study the old ones because they're all different and all the same.

Nicole said...

Working on it. Though good, this transition has taken more time and energy that I anticipated.