Saturday, December 15, 2012

Oh the places you'll go

Indian food first though.  It's hard to find spice here, the palate is accustomed to subtlety, and spice is much more overt than that.

And after?

We wander a labyrinth filled with sights and sounds, whips and chains for our minds to play with, find a spot and stop.  We ignore infringements and invitations, we lock ourselves in, or at least you do.  I follow your lead, however badly.

I see nothing there, neither going in nor going out.  Though I have been there before, a thousand times.  I came here as I child, even worked here as a child.  There is nothing here for me now, just burning incense.  Sage that carries away the ghosts.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.

Reb said...

Congratulations! You have been nominated for the Liebster award. I don't know what the meaning of it is, but it must be something good (I hope you don't mind being nominated)...http://spaghetti-o.blogspot.fr/2013/01/liebster-award.html

JMH said...

Happy belated birthday! One assumes Anonymous is correct -- a dangerous assumption.

This reminds me of El Escorial in Spain (no doubt you know, or know of.) There is a church. We can joke about it.

Nicole said...

@anon - thank you for remembering

@Reb - ha! thanks and I'll assume it's good along with you...

@JMH - thank you, anon is in fact correct. Let's!