Thursday, January 18, 2007

Drink wine, eat, sleep, repeat.

I'm going to Paris this weekend. Sans enfants et sans mari.

I'm sure I will miss them. But not enough to wish they were coming with me.

B, an American friend who is currently living in Spain, has invited me to spend the weekend with her in Paris. Our plans for the weekend? Shopping, flirting, dancing? Non, non, et non. We haven't seen each other for over 5 years and our lives are such that we don't get to speak on the phone very often and we're both crap emailers. So we have a lot to catch up on. Our tentative plans go something like this: wine bar, restaurant, café. Hotel to sleep. Café, pastry shop, park bench, restaurant, hotel to nap, wine bar, restaurant, café. Hotel to sleep. See where I'm going with this?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend getaway!!! have fun, you need it!


it better be great since it was what kept us from surprising the hell out of you last month! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful - please tell everything so I can live vicariously thru you.

Doc said...

heavenly

i need friends like that

Lorraine said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Superfantastic.

Anonymous said...

You come by this honestly. This is most of my vacations.

Lex Lata said...

Some park benches can slept on. Just in case you want to save yourself a trip back to the hotel.

Unknown said...

Sounds like exactly the kind of weekend I'd like with a "long lost" friend. Perfect! Can't wait to hear about it. And I'm jealous of you too (also Amy, you know). You get to just run off to Paris for the weekend. How cool is that?!