Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring forward

I spent a couple of hours in a walled garden yesterday, my back to the sun. It was a beautiful day, a promise of spring, blue sky and warm sun.

A few minutes after I sat down, I saw a butterfly. And then I watched the lizards come out of their winter hiding places and sit, like me, backs in the sun.

My winter hiding place? Caf├ęs and wine bars. I'm not sure how that differs much from what I do when winter is over.

We haven't changed the clocks yet. So, for a few weeks, I'm an hour closer to my friends and family in the States. Can you feel it?

3 comments:

beth said...

I'm feeling it all the way in California! They say if a butterfly crosses your path at the beginning of the season - that's it's going to be a good season!

Nicole said...

Beth - I could really use a good season.

The Idle Devil said...

Have a wonderful spring! Here, we're experiencing a strong summer right in March! Dont know what May's going to be like.