Thursday, March 15, 2007

Well, at least he's honest

I haven't always been the same mother to Boy2 as I have to Boy1. It's unfair, but it's true.

When Boy1 was 3 1/2, Boy2 was 6 months old and I was a tired, nursing mother. Boy2 was in a stroller or in a sling and Boy1 was walking. A lot.

Unless something goes radically wrong with birth control, we will not be having any more children. So Boy2 is still the baby. At 3 1/2. And he apparently knows it.

Yesterday, while Boy1 was at a sports activity, Boy2 and I went to a new café in town for a cup of coffee (me) and the chocolate that comes with it (him). We had to walk a few blocks to get there. After a block, Boy2 blocked me with his little 3 1/2 body and said, "I need a hug Mama." I squatted to give him a hug and, faster than anything, his arms were around my neck and his legs scrambling up mine.

So I asked him, "Do you need a hug or are you just lazy?"

"Well, I like hugs a lot and I'm a little bit lazy."

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Like you said...at least he's honest!

Unknown said...

that's amazing. "come on!!"