Monday, April 13, 2009

Well I never

Someone actually called me capricious this weekend.

Capricious? Come on. Whimsical, maybe. Occasionally unpredictable, and even that's a stretch, because, really, if you know someone really well, are they ever? But capricious?

I was hoping it was a language thing, the capricious flavored mud was slung in French. Slung, is really the past participle of the verb to sling? Sling, slang, slung?

Anyway, back to not being capricious. I asked for clarifications and just got more mud, it means the same thing in French as in English. Governed by caprice. Willfulness, whims, vagaries. It just got worse as it went on.

Given my reaction, there was a vague attempt at sugar coating the mud.

Apparently, I wear my capriciousness very well.

3 comments:

beth said...

I actually wish I was more impulsive!

Nicole said...

Beth - if you were, what's the first thing you would do?

beth said...

I don't know about now - but 12 to 15 years ago. . .travel, date more, take the internship that I was scared to take. . .so many things