Monday, April 17, 2006

My husband has a mistress...

A while back I was having tea with a mom from Boy1's school. We were talking about kids, of course. P mentioned that despite the fact that her husband worked long hours and didn't get to spend a lot of time with their two girls, they still insisted on an early bedtime. She gave a few reasons and then whispered the most important.

"To be honest, S and I just want to have our evenings to ourselves. I'm completely fusionelle with my husband."

Fusionel is a hard word to translate - it's something like REALLY close, fusion-like, coalescent, merging, in a non-sexual way. You get the picture.

When my darling spouse came home for lunch, we chatted about our mornings (actually I chatted and he muttered) and I mentioned having had tea with P. Then I relayed the fusionel comment, wrapped my arms around him, and said how I would love to be fusionelle him.

My sweet husband smiled a rueful smile and said, "Ma pauvre chérie, je suis fusionel avec la télévision." (My poor sweetheart, I'm fusionel with the tv.)

Nice.

5 comments:

Lorraine said...

That bitch. She's been seeing The Spouse, too!

Anonymous said...

My husbands mistress would be his work - it's always on his mind and on the laptop! At least you two can watch the tv together!

Anonymous said...

My wife would say I have at least 4 work, cycling, basket ball, and TV!!!

Nicole said...

Zeb - how is it she hasn't left you yet?

Beth - while we may be together in the same room, I can promise you my presence is barely noticed when the tv is on (which is ALL of the time)...

Anonymous said...

My charm!!!!!!!!