Wednesday, September 26, 2007

In case you were wondering...

I've learned a lot of different things from my friends.

From Beth in Spain, to correctly position a street map.

From Maria, the difference between dishing and dissing.

From Julie, to have a boundary. Or at least try.

From Beth in California, that you can count on some people forever.

From Adrienne, to never go out looking like crap.

From Lorraine, to plan a weekly menu.

If you're not on this list, don't be offended, I've learned things from you too. And I could continue, but those are just the ones that popped into my head.

Anyway, Lorraine (Here's the Thing) also has a food blog, Here's the Dish. But she's been super busy lately. Turning 50, starting a new business, receiving important out of town visitors. And while she usually posts her weekly dinner menu on her food blog, she hasn't in a couple of weeks. So I'm posting mine. Because she's the one who taught me how and two of the recipes on this week's menu are hers.

Thursday - Black bean and beef burritos

Friday - Apricot chicken with almonds

Saturday - White bean and sausage soup

Sunday - Boeuf carottes, which is basically like a daube

Monday - Tandoori chicken

Tuesday - Sage and garlic pork tenderloin

Wednesday - Beef Stroganoff

There is no vegetarian night at our house, Husband would seriously say, "Where's the beef?"

You think I'm kidding, but when we were dating he'd show up at my apartment for dinner (which I was cooking and which was always vegetarian because I was one at the time) with a couple of slices of ham.

And we don't eat a lot of fish because I'm just not sure about the whole mercury thing.

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Yum!

Reb said...

Hm...planning a weekly menu...could be a way of limiting my pizza consumption.

Anonymous said...

Love the menu - I wish I was eating at your house this week. Hard to believe we've know each other since. . .well since birth.

Lorraine - Happy Birthday.