Monday, December 03, 2007

Clink

Saturday was my birthday. And, as my brother put it, "That makes you, well, that much closer to 40." He's so nice.

So my two favorite presents were an ice cream maker and a cast iron waffle iron.

My wise friend Julie said, "They should have just given you the chain they're going to use to chain you to the kitchen."

But I was very happy with both gifts. I've been wanting an ice cream maker forever. Chocolate sorbet. White mint sorbet. Salted butter caramel ice cream. Violet ice cream. See, you want some too.

And waffles. Who doesn't love waffles? I even found an eggless waffle recipe for Boy2.

12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I love the ice cream maker (even though I don't like ice cream) - that might make a great gift for my hubby for Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to be wise, but I wish I had some ice cream.

Julie

Nicole said...

Lorraine - Thank you!

Beth - do you like sorbet?

Julie - I'll make some when you come over.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm a cookie, cupcake, apple pie or blueberry pie type of eater

Anonymous said...

Glad you see how nice I can be. Just to keep you focused we should get a count down clock installed on your blog that lets everyone know how many days until the dreaded day.

Eric said...

I know the perfect booze to go with the waffles.

Happy Birthday

Eric said...

It can be found

Eric said...

Meh the failed

http://www.slashfood.com/2007/07/28/liqueur-notes-sortilege-maple-syrup-and-whiskey-liqueur/

That is where you can go if my second try does not work

Anonymous said...

Eric-have you tried that liqueur? It sounds interesting.

Sarah @ Baby Bilingual said...

Happy Birthday! I received a waffle iron on my most recent b-day too. My new trick: take cornbread batter, cook it in the waffle iron, and serve it topped with chili and cheese.

Nicole said...

Sarah - that sounds really good. How are you feeling?