Wednesday, June 11, 2008

These days

I walk through the halls of my house and my life and nothing, really nothing, is how it was. Or even how I thought it would be. It's not bad, well, some of it is, but mostly it's just not what I expected. And some things, some of the really bad things, even as I stand in the very middle of them, resist me. Or I resist them. Whatever. Despite all the evidence, the things and I, we resist and we do not believe what we see.

There should be more words for things, in the generic sense.

Like in French.

Un truc, une chose, un machin, un machin-truc...et j'en passe.

A thing, a thing, a thing, a thingy-thing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that in life things are rarely what we thought they would be - I find myself walking thru your same walls in my own home - so know that you are not alone in your thoughts

kingba said...

There is life after all this, and even in times of less or lesser shaking and changing, things resist, walls are there, and things are not the same from what they were, are supposed to be, or will be.
There is life after all this, I've been there. Progress one step at a time, even if a teeny step...

Anonymous said...

KINGBA :
Etre, aller, passer. L'expérience est une illusion de l'esprit que l'on croit offrir comme un présent alors qu'elle n'est que le reflet égocentrique d'une parcelle de temps.