Tuesday, April 20, 2010

There are times

I live in a palindrome city. And while I've joked about that before, I'm going to be serious now.

I'm not sure how I feel about it, or even if I should feel about it. But I do.

There's something about it. Visually, it's pretty, all symmetrical and balanced. To hear it pronounced, it's the same - well, symmetrical at least.

But I'm quite sure its linguistic infinite nature has an effect on the place it represents.

I remember the first time I came to Laval. A sunny Saturday in the month of December. I spent a few hours in the city center, bought something at the Saturday market in front of the cathedral, had lunch and then coffee. I remember thinking I could live here. And so I have, for 11 years. 11 - also symmetrical and balanced, when it's written like that.

I believe I'm ready for someplace new.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you've come full circle.

Nicole said...

As long as that isn't the same as being back where I started.

Anonymous said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Kevin Smith said...

I could see you living in New York, New York. Not a palindromic place, I realize, but it has a rhythmic sound to it. And I'm guessing you like that city, no?