Saturday, September 03, 2022

First Ground of Creation

Two inhales, one exhale.  Fast enough and long enough to make my body tingle and my hands cramp into claws, my primal hands held before me as you appear to watch me weep and breathe.  We started at twilight and the sky is dark now. 

Flying or falling, only those two with us, never the sacred third - free. 

Your soul’s patience, kind and tender, meets me through the mirror.  It whispers sweet somethings to me.  My beloved, it says, that thing you think I have and won’t give you?  I don’t have it, I never did.  That thing you think I am and won’t be for you?  I’m not that, I never was.

You show me, with such gentleness, the rugged terrain of us. You show me that the treasure was in my hands all along, whole and complete.

Time shifts then, past, present, and future stack up and are all now.

The creation of all our us-ness is now, this moment, here on this ropy blanket in this very darkness.  

The woven shawl of time has wrapped itself around my life and brought me onto your path then, all those years ago, so you could be this for me today.  The one who whispers through the mirror.  The one who said yes. I will be this lie for you so you can find truth.  

Free.

I do not know, I may never, what I have agreed to be for you. But I pray it is a gift, or will be someday.  I hope you'll have a moment, maybe while you're waiting for the darkness to envelope you, when you realize that everything you thought you could find in me, is already there in you. 

No comments: