Sunday, February 17, 2008

How beautiful is that?

Remember the quality guy? Well, I have to say, he has simply been a wealth of information.

He introduced me to a new word last week - no, a concept.

Poka-yoke.

A funny sounding word. But what it does is very, very serious.

It's un système anti-con. An anti-dumbass system. Or in prettier language, a behavoir-shaping constraint for mistake-proofing.

Can you imagine? An anti-screw-up device. Something you can use to calibrate anything. Slip it into the system and you're sure, you're guaranteed it'll work.

Who wouldn't love one of those? Who wouldn't love a guarantee?

And don't get all superior on me and tell me how much we learn from our mistakes and all that. You wouldn't have to use it all the time. You could still make mistakes whenever your fancy dictated it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where can I get one of those and I will need a life time guarantee