Friday, November 10, 2006

Like a virgin

One of my current employers has asked me to provide a document from the Casier Judiciaire HQ in Nantes certifying the virgin status of my judiciary file (un casier judiciaire vièrge). Written proof I'm a judiciary virgin, or at least, virtuous in the eyes of Justice.

Because apparently, without said document, I'm unfit to teach in a private establishment, according to the public inspector's rules (government inspector of private institutions). Never mind that I've been teaching on and off for 10 years in public establishments and have never had to prove my judiciary virginity. Apparently you don't have to be virtuous when you work for the government. Who would've thought.

I should receive the document next week. I feel like a better teacher already.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that you were still a virgin. . .does your husband know?

Nicole said...

Beth - We don't know much, he's one too. Talk about the blind leading the blind...

Lorraine said...

See, I told you that holding a quarter between your knees would keep you out of trouble.

(Charges were never filed in that bus/car door thing, right?)

Eric said...

You should wear all white when you deliver said document.

Ksam said...

How funny, I had to send a letter off to Nantes for the exact same thing!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I`m with Eric an all white gown...