Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Look at me! I can link!

I had to go back to see the osteopath. Remember this guy? The experience this time was no less kooky.

My back was bothering me, my knee was bothering me and of course my head had been pounding for days and days. I figured I'd try the mechanical path before consulting a doctor who would probably just prescribe something.

Boy2 was with me, he sat silently on the osteopath's swivel chair and read a Little Brown Bear magazine while I was suffering on the table. And I was suffering. Osteopathy doesn't usually hurt. But this did. He fixed the back thing. He fixed the knee thing, which was the most painful moment I've known since childbirth. Then he put his hands on my head. After a few seconds he said, "Have you been having headaches?"

You could say that.

Then he pushed HARD on something on my neck and then really hard on my solar plexus. And voilĂ . My head stopped pounding. Magically. Or at least it seemed like magic to me.

He told me I was blocked. Ok. He told me the left side was "acting up". Ok. He told me I needed to massage under my left collarbone every day. Why? "Because all of your past is stuck right there ." Ok. At least I know where I've filed mine away.

Where've you filed yours away?

Maybe I should go for the drugs next time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is that guy? I'm glad he helped you, but I think I'm scared of him.

Amy said...

I don't know, but for some reason I don't feel so guilty about my jeans feeling tight...

Nicole said...

Beth - Me too.

Amy - Excellent place for storing a past.

Lorraine said...

I'm sorry for all the pain but the fact that you're on the other side and no longer "blocked" is a very good thing. I was starting to worry.

Storing your past under your collarbone is a little inefficient...however. I've just gone mine in a file marked "Booboos, Regrets and Fuggetabowdits".

Grish said...

Lol Yeah all my past is right around my belt..

Anonymous said...

Just so you know when the boys get older I am going to explain to them how wacked out their mother can be at times.

Anonymous said...

I was once blocked but i'm ok now.

Nicole said...

Lorraine - That's the crazy thing. I could've sworn I had filed mine away with the diplomas.

Girsh - Feels like I'm sitting on mine.

zeb - I don't know what you're talking about.

CBW - Oh yeah, you're plenty ok.

Unknown said...

I'm with Beth on this one. And Amy. Damned tight jeans....

Glad the headache is gone!