Friday, May 02, 2008

Trèfle à quatre feuilles

When I was very young and even just younger, I was very lucky. I suppose I still am, just differently. Back then though, I was lucky in the good luck charm department. I found four leaf clovers all the time and once stumbled upon a ladybug nest, hundreds of them winking at me and wishing me luck for years and years to come.

Boy1 has apparently inherited the lucky gene. Yesterday was a hard day for him and he said the only thing that could help was a good luck charm. And he has somehow managed to find, in the past 24 hours, three 4 leaf clovers in our front yard. Those of you who have seen my yard can imagine how unlikely that is. My yard is smaller than your average American garage.

It hurt to have to tell him that all the four leaf clovers in the world can't change that which cannot be changed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I know what you are referring too - however I remember searching for 4 leaf clovers with you and to this day I have never found one - yet you used to find several.

Lorraine said...

I just want to hug you all right now.

Anonymous said...

In this "incertitude" time, I hope I'll be lucky, but...
Anyway! I post this comment because I think we have a big problem with our mail boxes. (I dont have news from you...)So I just want to know if you're ok to go for a lunch on monday (with catherine and magali).
You can call me when tou want!

(I want to say to american people who are reading my post, DON'T WORRY about my english. I'm one of the students of Nicole classes. ;-)

Anonymous said...

*hug*

Nicole said...

Beth - If I find one I'll dedicate it to you.

Lorraine - Hugs would be good.

Anne-Laure - Effectivement. Yes to lunch on monday. I'll call you this weekend.

thank you Ali.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling - it was so good to talk to you. I corrected your phone number - I had the 4th to the last number as a 6 - that was my error!