Thursday, January 01, 2009

Day 4 and the tourist thing

Tuesday was the first day after Nuria, a Spanish friend of Beth's from Barcelona, arrived. There were a lot of things she wanted to see, so we went. Hyde park and some other park and some Kensington thing, and a Buckingham thing - to imprecisely name a few. It was all very lovely.

But the highlight of the day was the Borough market. A beautiful food market. All kinds of food. Cheeses and sausages and chocolates and olives and seafood and pastries and I'm leaving countless things out. But even better were the free samples of everything. I tasted it all.

And then went across the street to a cafe where, if what everyone claims is true, I had one of the best cups of coffee to be had in the world. Yes, they kept saying the world. Monmouth coffee shop. While I would not be ready to say the world, just because I haven't seen enough of it, I will say that it was a perfect cup of coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A perfect cup of coffee, a perfect cupcake. . .I would say that your new year is starting out very well