Tuesday, January 08, 2008

On never saying never

I was one of those people before. You know the kind, the kind with strong opinions and decisive answers and categorical statements. We'll chalk it up to too many years of graduate school. There may be a few of you out there who would claim that those tendencies pre-dated graduate school but you'd be totally wrong, of course.

But from here on out, you have my word, my vehement, know-it-all and must-have-the-last word, I'm done. As of late, I've had to eat too many of those last words, regret too many strong opinions, contradict too many decisive answers and hugely qualify too many categorical statements.

You'll see. I'm going to be positively wishy-washy. All flexible and tolerant and reserved and contemplative.

I swear.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Nicole write this? (joking) Isn't it funny how things change with age and. . .wisdom?.?.

Anonymous said...

that's a shame.
CBW

Nicole said...

Beth - I claim NO wisdom.

CBW - Give it a day.

Anonymous said...

ok, i gave it a day...
CBW

Anonymous said...

Oh, good. Now will you admit the Cubs suck.

Anonymous said...

Something anonymous and I somewhat agree on - I wouldn't say suck, but (sorry Zeb) you know mom's a huge White Sox fan.

Anonymous said...

Cubs suck-that is totally crossing the line. Cub bashing on this blog just can not be allowed.

Nicole-as the owner of this blog you need to get some rules in place before it gets real ugly.

Yes Beth I know and I forgive you.

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean...
Julie

Anonymous said...

Zeb - thanks, my mom would never speak to me again if I became a Cub fan. She's insane when it comes to HER White Sox

Nicole said...

CBW - Watch this.

Anon - And I know exactly who you are, I'll NEVER admit that. Because it'll NEVER be true.

Beth - I'm shocked.

Zeb - It won't be allowed.

Julie - I knew you would.