Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Really back home

We got back to Laval yesterday. And it's very nice to be home. In our home. Although I could use a friend like Lorraine to help me get it back (was it ever really?) in order.

August is always a strange month for me. It's summer, I know, but I'm all about fall and winter so I just sort of muddle through these hot months. And honestly, the new year starts for me in September, not January. Too many years of school, I suppose.

It's strange and not to be back here after being over there. And it was strange and not being over there after being over here. For ten years.

Like all of us, I am a stranger and not both here and there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like my message, I hope boy 2 got to hear it.

Anonymous said...

I always feel like a stranger when I'm not in my own home, in fact the only place that ever really felt like home was the house on Bailey - how did you and the family adjust to the time change?

Nicole said...

zeb33 - loved it.

beth - ok. Hey - Mom's gone to the beach for a few days...

Lorraine said...

I wish I could come help. Next summer. Promise.